We will help you get everything you need for your new website starting with a solid domain name.
One of the first decisions when building a new website is choosing a domain name. We can help you select and reserve a domain name that has a high likelihood of success. If you already own a domain name we will help you manage it. We will just need you to provide your login details. When people buy a domain name they usually have no idea how to use it or point it correctly and can be taken advantage of by unscrupulous sales people selling unnecessary add-ons or scammers who don't care about your best interests! Sit back and let us handle the domain management details so you can focus on the big picture. We'll never sell you scammy services you don't need!
Waves Web Design focuses on fully managed website and digital marketing solutions.
One of the benefits or working with Waves Web Design is our fully managed website solutions. We take care of all the technical tasks that make people crazy! Most of our clients are busy and successful people who need to spend their time running their businesses or organizations. The last thing they want to do is spend extra time trying to learn the technical details of website management including reserving, registering, pointing, or managing complicated domain name settings. Clients can count on us to reserve primary and secondary domain names and to ensure they are managed correctly on their behalf.
Domain name costs
New website packages come with a free domain name. We package all the services you need together into one customized package.
Additional domain names are generally around $25 each per year but it can depend on the domain name and extension you are looking for. We only purchase and manage domain names for website clients since selling domain names is not our focus, instead it is a service that we provide to clients whose websites we build and manage.
Guidelines for selecting a domain name
Selecting a domain name is a big decision. It is not only the starting point for defining your website and brand but it also communicates important information to both search engines and your website visitors.
Great domain names usually will have as few characters as possible while still representing your organization name or cause so that the name is intuitive and memorable. You may also want to integrate strong keywords into your selection.
1. There are lots of new domain name extensions on the market now but you should try to get a .com extension if you can find one that works for you. It's the most common and most recognizable option. If you can't get a .com extension you will probably want to stick with other common extensions like .biz, .org or .net. This type of domain is called a Top-Level Domain or TLD. We suggest staying away from exotic new extensions!
2. Try to avoid dashes and underscores when choosing your domain name.
3. Stay away from namesthatarejusttoolong.com
4. Consider reserving multiple domain names for your website. You want to make sure you own relevant domain names for your business and don't allow you competitors to control them. We can help you decide which extra domain names might be a good choice.
5. Avoid using words with multiple spellings or pronunciations, like one versus won, or for versus fore versus four.
6. Pick a clear and concise domain name that is creative and memorable. It should be easy to pronounce, read and spell!
Why domain name selection matters
Your domain name clues in both website visitors and search engines to what your website is about.
Domain names have an influence on search engine optimization (SEO).
Changing your domain name can be complicated and costly. You don't want to switch primary domains willy-nilly. Domain name longevity is a search engine ranking factor so don't waste your marketing dollars by starting out with a domain name that's not a good choice. It can be a costly mistake over the long run!